It’s a LITTLE hard to decide what I’m thankful for because Pokemon is on in the background, and mostly I can just hear squeaking and cartoon kids cheering about destiny and what not. I swear this cartoon has been following me around since before Logan was even born. How long can it go on? SERIOUSLY.
Anyway – here is this week’s Thankful on a Thursday post – taken fromThe Outdoor Wife.
62. Routine. This is maybe the first time ever in my life I have been thankful for a routine. I usually dread the start of school because it means homework, packing lunches, getting up before the sun comes up and classroom parties. (I know, I am a Mom scrooge) But I welcome routine this fall.
63. Late start elementary schools – ok, admittedly this is a huge reason why I’m ok with the routine this year. I’m not gonna lie – it’s 8:10 and Logan and I are hanging out in our jammies on the couch. He just finished a bagel, and I’m finishing my first cup of coffee. School starts at 9:15 and we are about a 7 minute walk from the front door. LOVE IT.
64. Logan’s cheerful attitude. I can’t even bring myself to tell you all how many schools Logan has been to since Kindergarten. If I told ya, I’d have to…well, avoid making eye contact. But he continues to surprise me with a postive outlook, cheerful attitude and a loving spirit. There are many times I look at my son and wonder what I did to deserve him.
65. Next Level Church’s Legendary: Encore series. I love that the legendary life of Peter is being tied into some legendary music. Can’t wait for Sunday!
66. Fall is coming!! I am ready for it – which is unusual for me. I’m a summer girl, and I love everything summer brings (yes, even the unbearable heat) But this year I am ready for some cooler weather, jeans, sweaters, crisp leaves, the smell of Fall, freshly baked apple pies, and hot cocoa. My favorite memories of last fall include late night conversations on the back porch with my incredibly awesome husband.
67. Change – I am taking on some new responsibilities and stretching myself in new ways. I am both terrified and excited, and can’t wait to see what’s in store. It’s awesome to take this journey with people who are stretching themselves out of their comfort zones as well.
68. Philippians 4:12-13
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Since Logan is sitting next to me while I type this, I just asked him what he’s thankful for. He said, “I’m thankful for clothes to wear and food to bring to school.” SERIOUSLY! He said that.
What are you thankful for this week?