Time for another installment of Thankful on a Thursday, admittedly lifted from The Outdoor Wife
…continued from last week’s list
10. I am thankful for social networking. Seriously. It gets a bad rap sometimes, especially from those who just don’t seem to “get it” – but I have learned SO much, met awesome new people (including my husband!!) and reconnected with old friends. Twitter is almost like Google! I just throw a question out to the world wide internets and immediately get a response. *LOVE IT*
11. The hot summer temperatures. I know I am one of the ONLY people who feels this way, and maybe I can chalk it up to living in Vermont for 20 something years of my life. I never again want to walk outside and feel my nose hair freeze, so I’ll take the sun, heat and humidity ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over that.
12. Scripture – so many times I am comforted, uplifted and strengthened by a particular verse. Right now, it’s this one found in Philippians 4:19 “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” When you really think about that – God will supply my need – THAT is awesome. No, not my want or wordly desires but my need, and He will do that according to HIS riches. It’s pretty amazing to know that God is ready and willing to take care of me if I let Him.
13. Friends – old friends, new friends, close by me friends and far away friends. I am a social butterfly and am so grateful for the rock my world kind of friendships that I am fortunate enough to have.
14. my Rainbow flip flops – I never owned a pair until Acey asked her wedding party to wear them at her outdoor-in-NC-in-July wedding 😉 And they are awesome! I bought another pair on our honeymoon in Charleston. They are so comfortable!
15. Diet Dr. Pepper, and more specifically Harris Teeter’s buy 2 get 3 free deal.
16. Target – for my friends in Vermont who are a ferry ride away…I am sad for you. I live within a 5 minute drive of several Targets and when I’m restless or bored there is no
better more dangerous place to aimlessly wander 😉
17. The “Against All Odds” series that Next Level Church is currently doing. I am *loving* this series on Elijah – his story is like a movie and it has been so interesting to take his life and pull applications and lessons from it that are relevant to me, here in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2010. What is cooler than that??
18. Yankee Candle Sun & Sand car air freshener- it’s like surrounding yourself with a beach.
So there’s this week’s list! What are some things you guys are thankful for this week?