I’m totally ripping off this idea from a fellow blogger, who ripped it off from The Outdoor Wife.
I love the idea of regularly discussing things that I’m thankful for.
I am thankful today for:
1. A husband who, even if he wasn’t my husband, would inspire and excite me to know more about God. You guys know he rocked last night’s final Wednesday Night Community teaching which covered the bible in 5 weeks. The energy at NLC last night was AWESOME!
2. To piggyback on last night’s teaching, I am grateful we live in a time and country where accepting and loving Jesus Christ publicly is not a death sentence. At times we may deal with some unkind words, disdainful looks or general misunderstanding but we have SO much freedom and for that, I am very thankful.
3. A son who is weathering change like a champ. He’s amazingly sweet, loving and kind and I enjoy pretending I did anything to deserve it. 😉 I seriously didn’t – he’s just an easy going and good natured kid (99% of the time)
4. Stepsons who, while probably annoyed at all the change in their lives, have been kind and helpful in the adjustments. Plus, they always give me constructive and generally positive reviews on my baking attempts 🙂
5. Cheez Its. Whatever. They’re amazing.
6. A car with working air conditioning. Seriously, it fritzed out on me last week and I thought I would DIE. You know it has to be bad if I’M hot, because that rarely ever happens. Thankfully someone took pity on me and got it going again. Whew!
7. Watermelon…I got some seedless watermelon at our local farmer’s market on Tuesday and it is SO good sliced and cold from the refrigerator. Hello, SUMMER!
8. The afghan that Kathy Risch made me as a wedding gift. I use that thing every.single.night – and yes, even in the summer. 🙂
9. Car windows. I am thankful for car windows because most days, the car is the only alone time I get – and sometimes I need to cry, pray or sing at the top of my lungs and I’m glad I have windows so no one can hear me.
How about you? What are you thankful for on this Thursday afternoon?